Bed and Breakfast, Holiday Home, Self Catering Accommodation Tulbagh Central, Tulbagh, Western Cape
per unit per night
* Rates are a guide, subject to change. Please confirm final pricing with establishment.
Call Us On +27 23 230 1171 +27 79 051 2059
Stay at Yellow Wood House, central Tulbagh, Ceres Valley, South Africa, offering self catering or bed and breakfast holiday accommodation.
Yellow Wood House, for those who appreciate beautiful things, is a delightful Cape Dutch house, built in the 1780s in pristine original condition with yellowwood floors and ceilings throughout. Thoughtfully appointed with antiques and artwork, it has lots of character and makes for a very special stay. Surprisingly large and spacious, the house sleeps five, perfect for a family or two couples. Centrally located in historic Church Street with its shops, restaurants and museums.
Accommodation is self-catering, although breakfast in the grand dining room of The Cape Dutch Quarter’s Manor House is readily available.
Located just three doors up from the main house, this wonderful self-catering Tulbagh house will enchant all who set eyes on her. Built in 1798, and restored to its original glory in 1973, the house retains all of the beauty of Cape Dutch living in Tulbagh. The house has yellowwood floors and ceilings, and boasts period antique furniture and art that creates an authentic atmosphere of old world magic.
Kitchen and Living Area
This self-catering house has a sunny veranda on Tulbagh’s Church Street leading into a large dining room and on to a large sitting room with DSTV. The fully equipped kitchen is ideal for those seeking self-catering accommodation in Tulbagh.
Courtyard and Garden
The house opens up to two private courtyards, one with a braai, lapa and garden and the other a sunny cobbled space. Enjoy a braai or a romantic dinner outside on sultry Tulbagh evenings. The pool at the main house may be used by guests at Yellow Wood House.
- Take the N1 towards Paarl for half an hour
- Exit left at Exit 47 for “Klapmuts/Wellington R44” (the exit before Paarl).
- Turn left at the T junction and continue 15 minutes to Wellington
- On entering Wellington, turn left at the traffic lights (with the R44).
- The sign reads ‘Distillery Road-Hermon/Ceres’
- Continue for 30 minutes and through the Nuwekloof pass
- Continue 5 minutes through the pass and then follow the Tulbagh signs left into town
- At the T junction turn left into Tulbagh Main Road/Van Der Stel Road.
- Cape Dutch Quarters Reception is a double story Georgian building with shutters on the left of the road after 500 meters.
- It’s the only double story building in town.
- Open from 8am – 6:30/7:00pm
Please leave a Review
Contact Yellow Wood House – Cape Dutch Quarters
Telephone: +27 23 230 1171
Facsimile: +27 86 662 0055
Cell Phone: +27 79 051 2059
Send an Enquiry to Yellow Wood House – Cape Dutch Quarters
Latitude: -33.2846174° S
Longitude: 19.1384692° E
No pets allowed
No smoking allowed
Check In: 14:00
Check Out: 11:00
- American Express
- Diners Club