Bed and Breakfast, Honeymoon Stay, Spa Accommodation Swellendam Central, Swellendam, Western Cape
per person per night
* Rates are a guide, subject to change. Please confirm final pricing with establishment.
Call Us On +27 28 514 3316 +27 71 104 5632
Stay at The Hide Away in Swellendam on the Garden Route, South Africa offering 5-star superior bed & breakfast accommodation. Honeymoon venue & yoga studio.
The Hide Away is a national monument and one of the oldest houses in Swellendam. Our beautiful Victorian guest house in the stunningly attractive Swellendam region of South Africa’s ‘Garden Route’, Western Cape, radiates an old-world charm and rustic elegance that has made it famous the world over. Rated 5 star by the South African Tourism Grading Council and Superior by the AA, it has won many awards and been placed in the AA Hall of Fame.
The four separate spacious, deluxe, air conditioned suites open directly onto a quiet large, private garden where we have hundreds of rose bushes and abundant birdlife. Relax under the vine-covered pergola with a complimentary glass of wine, a cup of tea or coffee, some of Jackie’s home made lemonade and munch on a homemade biscuit or slice of cake. Recline on your sun lounger on the sunny well-manicured lawn and surf the net on the free WiFi connection.
All our suites have three different types of coffees and several different types of teas. Fresh milk is always available in the mini-bar in your room, which is stocked with complimentary beers and soft drinks. Jackie’s internationally acclaimed shortbread is renewed daily, as is the complimentary port and the muscadel (muscadel is the sweet wine loved by early settlers). All these items are there to be enjoyed at no extra cost if consumed on the premises. There is an extensive range of local Aloe Ferox toiletries in the bathrooms and guests are welcome to purchase any of these products from Jackie’s shop to take away with them. Nothing is too much trouble, so stay a few nights and our complimentary laundry service will make sure you do not run out of clean things to wear.
Travelling from Knysna or Mossel Bay (on the N2)
- Turn right at SWELLENDAM EAST turnoff, then take 2nd street on the left (Hermanus Steyn Street – No. 10 – 3rd house on your left).
- Same instructions apply, travelling from OUDTSHOORN on the R62 / Barrydale / Tradouw Pass (R324) onto the N2.
- Travelling from Cape Town (on the N2) bypass other turn-offs until you reach SWELLENDAM EAST turnoff, turn left, then take 2nd street on the left (Hermanus Steyn Street – No. 10 – 3rd house on your left).
Travelling from Worcester or Robertson (R62) or Ashton (R60)
- Take the R60 to Swellendam.
- At crossroads at entrance to town, turn left into Voortrek Street and drive 3 – 4 km until you pass the shopping centre, and see the NG Church on your left.
- Turn right into Church Street, and take second street on left (Hermanus Steyn Street).
- We are at no. 10, on your right.
Finding the Hideaway Made Easy!
New signs on the N2 and in the town itself make finding The Hideaway a piece of old koeksuster!
Please leave a Review
Contact The Hide Away
Telephone: +27 28 514 3316
Facsimile: +27 866 459 735
Cell Phone: +27 71 104 5632
Send an Enquiry to The Hide Away
AA Travel: Superior
Latitude: -34.019138° S
Longitude: 20.450874° E
No pets allowed
Smoking allowed outside
Check In: 14:00
Check Out: 10:00