Conference Venue, Self Catering, Wedding Venue Accommodation near Middelburg, Middelburg, Mpumalanga
per unit per night
* Rates are a guide, subject to change. Please confirm final pricing with establishment.
Call Us On +27 13 243 9401 +27 82 892 3029
Stay at Olifants River Lodge offering self catering chalet, rondawel, log cabin and camping site accommodation. Conference and wedding venue near Middelburg.
It is in the luscious setting of the Olifants River Valley, near Middelburg, Mpumalanga, that you will discover the beauty and serenity of the Olifants River Lodge.
Situated between Middelburg and Witbank on the banks of the Great Olifants River, one and a half hours drive from Pretoria and less than two hours drive from Nelspruit.
Olifants River Lodge in the beautiful valley of the Great Olifants River Gorge. A stretch of secondary road over a koppie, descending into the valley below, giving you a glimpse of the breathtaking location of the Lodge. Set in the heart of Mpumalanga – South Africa’s cultural homeland – the Olifants River Lodge illustrates our rich heritage in terms of our beautiful landscapes.
Through the ages, the broad Olifants river has cut deeply into the ground, leaving a deep valley that is filled with a variety of indigenous fauna and flora, including the protected Cycad trees. Bird life is plentiful and a stay at the Olifants River Lodge will guarantee the delight of any birding enthusiast. The Olifants River itself winds past the Lodge itself, and provides an ideal setting for sipping sundowners, whilst watching a magical Mpumalanga sunset.
The Olifants River Lodge is situated 20 Kilometres outside of Middelburg. There are bold signs to direct you to a place where you truly can put your feet up and have a rest from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The Olifants River Lodge is the ideal place for a weekend getaway, and provides perfect opportunity for you to recharge your batteries.
Be sure to come and enjoy our beautiful heated indoor pool or cool down in our sparkling outside pool.
We have the following accommodation available:
Cabanas (6 units) – Our large self-catering cabanas offer you a home away from home. Our Cabanas offer you an open plan lounge with dining area with a fully equipped kitchen. You cannot beat this choice to relax and breakaway from the hustle of everyday life.
2 Bedroom Villas (30 units) 3 Bedroom Villas (7 units) – For the larger families. These two and three bedroom villas offer the ultimate spacious accommodation. All the villas come equipped with all the standard luxuries and are self-catering.
Camping Sites (40 units) – Trailing along the Olifants River bank is the camping site for camping and caravaning. Ablution blocks are also available.
Conference Venue – The Lodge offers a superb service as far as conference facilities are concerned. The nine conference venues seats from 20 to 800 people (cinema style), and has full catering facilities, situated in a tranquil setting. Equipment includes data projector, screen and DSTV, flipcharts, fax and typing facilities.
Wedding Venue – Olifants River Lodge is fully equipped to catering for weddings or any other special occasion that requires this type of venue. The lodge has six function venues that seats 20 to 500 people. Olifants River Lodge offers full catering for a variety of functions, formal or informal in our function halls. We stand by our quality of service and would like to help make the memory of your special day, a happy one!
From Johannesburg / Pretoria
- Take the N4 / Emalahleni (Witbank) Highway
- After the Middelburg / Emalahleni (Witbank) Tollgate Plaza, take the first offramp (Middelburg West / Van Dyksdrift)
- Turn left at the stop street at the top of the off ramp
- Carry on until you reach a four way stop, and turn left. (R555 road towards Emalahleni / Witbank)
- Take the Presidentsrus/Olifants turn off on your right
- You will travel about 11 km on a dirt road before you get to the Lodge
From Johannesburg / Pretoria via Emalahleni (Witbank)
- Get on to the N12 towards Emalahleni / Witbank this becomes the N4 near Emalahleni / Witbank
- Take the Mandela Street (President Street) turnoff
- The Ridge Casino is on the left hand side
- At the traffic light (robot) turn left into Mandela Street (President street)
- At O R Tambo Street turn right
- Carry on with this road until you come to a 4-way stop (Kentucky and Sasol Garage)
- Turn right into the the R555 road, towards Middelburg. (This is the old Witbank / Middelburg road)
- Travel on this road for 17.7 km on your right hand side you will see the Telkom / FM Tower, on the left hand side will be a road sign saying Presidentrus, turn left into this road, (gravel road)
- Travel for +/- 11 km and you will be at the lodge
From Nelspruit (N4)
- Get on the N4 towards Middelburg
- Take the turnoff saying Middelburg West / Vandyksdrift (R575)
- At the top of the turnoff turn to your right towards Middelburg, carry on until you get to the 4-way stop (R555 road Old Witbank / Middelburg road)
- Turn left towards Witbank for about 4 km. On your left hand side will be the Telkom / FM Towers and on your right hand side the Presidentrus turnoff
- Turn right here for 11 km on the gravel road and you will be at the Hotel.
Please leave a Review
Contact Olifants River Lodge
Telephone: +27 13 243 9401
Facsimile: +27 13 243 9406
Cell Phone: +27 82 892 3029
Send an Enquiry to Olifants River Lodge
AA Travel: Highly Recommended
Latitude: -25.761591° S
Longitude: 29.312473° E
No pets allowed
No smoking in rooms
Check In: 14:00
Check Out: 10:00