Game Lodge, Self Catering Accommodation near Phalaborwa, Phalaborwa, Limpopo
per person per night
* Rates are a guide, subject to change. Please confirm final pricing with establishment.
Call Us On +27 82 651 9104
Stay at the intimate Muweti Bush Lodge, in the Grietjie Nature Reserve, near Phalaborwa, Limpopo, offering self catering bush lodge accommodation.
Muweti Bush Lodge is a small, intimate lodge located in the Grietjie Nature Reserve, near Phalaborwa. Accommodating a maximum of 4 guests in the tented accommodation and 4 guests in the cottage. The positioning of the tented chalets gives a truly unusual sense of fusion with the bush, and an opportunity to sleep in close proximity to the wilds of Africa. In addition to the tented chalet accommodation, there is a self catering cottage about 150m from the lodge, which gives you an opportunity to do your own thing on a self catering basis.
Muweti forms part of the Balule Nature Reserve, more than 45000ha of African Big 5 bushveld and part of the world renowned Greater Kruger National Park. With no fences between the Kruger Park proper and its neighbours, Muweti is home to four of Africa’s famous big 5. Close encounters of the natural kind are experienced with these magnificent species. And sometimes you may be privileged enough to get an intimate sighting of the veritable King of the Beasts.
Muweti, The Leadwood Tree. Some tribes know it as the axe breaker because of its incredibly hard wood. Slow growing, strong and hard, it is a tree of quiet stature, aloof solitude and prominence. It is distinct by its cracked, grey, sometimes gnarled bark. It is the wise silent one of the woodland. It is fitting that this tree lies in the valley below the lodge, because alongside it goes the mighty African elephant. Majestic symbol of Africa, the elephant too has a cracked skin, is large and powerful, and often uses the leadwoods to rub his hide free of parasites.
- Take the N12, from Pretoria take the N4 to Witbank and Belfast.
- Turn left to Belfast and take the R540 to Dullstroom / Lydenburg .
- From Lydenburg take the R36 to Tzaneen / Hoedspruit/Orighstad.
- Pass straight through Orighstad and through the Strijdom tunnel.
- About 15 kms after the tunnel turn left to Phalaborwa still the R36.
- Go through The Oaks Township.
- After about 10 to 12 kms turn right onto the R530/R526 towards Phalaborwa/Mica.
- Once you have travelled approximately 25-28 km turn left at T junction onto the R40/R530 towards Phalaborwa.
- Go past Mica village, past the Service Station on your right (SAMEY’s) about 4km after Mica on the right.
- Travel for approximately 22 km from Samey’s, look for a sign that says “BALULE GRIETJIE GATE”, turn right onto the dirt road to GRIETJIE.
- Go past ROB 5 Mine, travel 2.5 kms and sign in at the Main Grietjie gate.
- Travel another 2 kms and you will reach a four way crossing.
- Turn hard right onto the narrow tar (Darisandi Rd) and travel for approximately 2.8km until the tar becomes a dirt road.
- Carry on straight for approx another 2.5 kms until you reach the Olifants North Game Reserve gate.
- Turn left just before the gate (Scorpion Rd) and travel for a further 1.9 kms.
- Take this section of the road slowly as it is rocky. 4×4 is not a requirement, 2X4 or a higher clearance car is recommended.
- After 1.9km look for signs on the right saying Muweti Bush Lodge 38.
- Turn right and follow the main road, go past the old stables, and the cottage, past the workshop and watertanks, and on to the lodge gate.
Recommended Directions with a Low Clearance Vehicle
- If you have a low clearance vehicle, please use the following alternative last 3km or so.
- Once you have entered Grietjie and have travelled to the main cross roads about 2km from the gate, after you have turned hard right onto the narrow tar (Darisandi Rd), travel approx 2.7 or 2.8km to a smaller crossing (about 200m after the end of the narrow tar).
- TURN LEFT (signboard says 48-53 and Zebra Lane) , travel a few hundred meters and go through the dry river bed crossing.
- Travel approx another 1.7 or so km and follow the right fork (Scorpion Rd) and turn right.
- Travel 700m and you will find a sign that says Muweti on the left.
- Turn left and follow the road either to the cottage or past the water tower to the lodge.
- In any event take the final 3 km slowly.
Please leave a Review
Contact Muweti Bush Lodge
Cell Phone: +27 82 651 9104
Send an Enquiry to Muweti Bush Lodge
Latitude: -24.104058° S
Longitude: 30.993044° E
Chalets No children under 14. Cottage children welcome (no access to lodge proper)
Only in designated areas
Check In: 14:00 - 16:00
Check Out: 10:00 - 11:00