Honeymoon Stay, Lodge, Spa Accommodation outside Vaalwater, Vaalwater, Limpopo
per person per night
* Rates are a guide, subject to change. Please confirm final pricing with establishment.
Call Us On +27 11 837 6676
Stay at Makweti Safari Lodge near Vaalwater, in the Welgevonden Game Reserve, Limpopo, providing luxury lodge accommodation. Ideal honeymoon venue and spa.
Makweti Safari Lodge nestled in the Welgevonden Game Reserve, Limpopo Province, South Africa, just outside Vaalwater, maintains its exclusivity, by offering just five suites. All are luxurious; and all are designed – with great architectural care – to create a restful balance between the light and shade that dapple our bushveld environment.
The suites’ interiors are likewise balanced by our matching of cool, colonial-style linens with warm African fabrics, every suite offers a wonderful view and an atmosphere of romantic seclusion. Every suite is designed to create a restful balance between the light and shade that dapple our bushveld environment.
Delightful safari experiences at Makweti are assured by an astounding diversity of wild species, including the “Big Five”; by natural densities of wildlife; and by superbly qualified guides.
Elegance and authenticity define Makweti’s cuisine. Each meal is a graceful culinary event, featuring African-inspired themes, locally sourced ingredients, and a wine list that nods to the best of South Africa’s famed vineyard estates.
Panoramic surroundings: a waterhole on your doorstep, plus teak decks overlooking Makweti Gorge. If one seeks a somewhat more communal space, the lodge’s main lounge, discreet bar, pool and viewing decks are just a minute’s stroll away.
Swimming pool, optional private plunge-pool, spa and art gallery.
- Travel on the N1 North, past Midrand
- Remain on the N1 at the N1 / R28 split towards Pietersburg (Polokwane)
- Pass alongside Pretoria, continue through the toll gate and through the Carousel Toll Gate past the Warmbaths (Bela Bela) turnoff.
- Continue until you approach the Kranskop Toll Gate.
- Keep in the left lane to take the turnoff to Nylstroom (Modimole) (R33).
- Please contact Makweti Safari Lodge at this point to inform them of your progress. If there is no answer, please leave a message with your contact details and time of your call.
- After the tollgate turn left at the T-junction towards Nylstroom.
- Travel straight through Nylstroom on the R33 to Vaalwater (±60km / 37.2 Miles).
- Keep straight on through Vaalwater, pass the Total filling station and Spar on your left hand side just outside Vaalwater.
- Carry straight on the same road for ±23km (14.26 Miles) from the filling station until you get to the Welgevonden Main Gate on your left hand side (Pass the sign indicating access to the East Gate).
- A Makweti representative will meet you at the main gate after you parked your vehicle in the reserve’s secure area.
Please leave a Review
Contact Makweti Safari Lodge
Telephone: +27 11 837 6676
Facsimile: +27 11 837 4771
Send an Enquiry to Makweti Safari Lodge
Latitude: -24.201945° S
Longitude: 27.902505° E
No Children under 12 years old
No pets allowed
Smoking allowed outside
Check In: 14:00
Check Out: 10:00