Guest House, Lodge, Wedding Venue Accommodation near Swellendam, Swellendam, Western Cape
per person per night
* Rates are a guide, subject to change. Please confirm final pricing with establishment.
Call Us On +27 87 057 4057 +27 79 207 0777
Stay at Jan Harmsgat Country House near Swellendam, South Africa, offering guest house lodge accommodation. 5 Star Wedding Venue in the Overberg.
Jan Harmsgat Country House is the perfect stop-over spot, near Swellendam, Western Cape, especially when you’re journeying across South Africa. Located on the R60 highway off the N2, it’s a short two hour drive from Cape Town as you head to the magnificent Garden Route.
Set on the working Jan Harmsgat Guest Farm, it encapsulates country charm and a rich history. You’ll immediately notice the understated elegance and comfort present throughout the 10 exclusive rooms, each individually styled and spread across three buildings. An authentic Overberg influence marries beautifully with modern conveniences and furnishings, so that you get the best of both worlds during your stay. The original metre-thick walls and yellow wood details are a fitting nod to the past.
Enjoy a scrumptious breakfast each morning and indulge in delicious lunches and dinners (created using produce grown on the farm) at the fine-dining restaurant on the property. Jan Harmsgat is famous for its kudu fillet, baked goods and preserves, so you’re in for a treat.
If you’re looking to experience an authentic country ambience, then this is the place for you – it’s undoubtedly where quiet luxury meets rustic country charm.
We would love to host your wedding at Jan Harmsgat Country House, and if you’re looking for warm & friendly farm hospitality, we are the ideal venue.
Jan Harmsgat Country House is TGCSA 5-Star rated and all children of all ages are welcome.
From Cape Town on N1
- Take the N-1 Motorway from Cape Town in the direction of Paarl and continue as far as Worcester. (100 kilometers).
- Turn right off the N-1 at the second Worcester signboard, you will have passed a large shopping mall on your right and follow the signs for Robertson R-60.
- Follow the R-60 through the towns of Robertson and Ashton.
- On leaving Ashton turn right at sign post to Swellendam, the R-60.
- After approximately 20 kilometers the Cape Dutch Farmstead will be visible on your left, surrounded by an orchard of fruit and nut trees.
From Port Elizabeth on N2
- On your way from Port Elizabeth, Plettenberg, Knysna, or George take the N2 towards Cape Town.
- Take the turn off for Swellendam East (first entrance), you drive through the long main road until you get to a four way stop.
- Turn right onto the R60 in the direction of Robertson and Ashton.
- After 26 kms, you will be at the entrance to our farm on the right where you see the big white clock tower (no bell in it) saying Jan Harmsgat 1723.
- You will notice the two Cape Dutch houses with thatched roofs, surrounded by a lot of trees as you come down the hill.
Please leave a Review
Contact Jan Harmsgat Country House
Telephone: +27 87 057 4057
Facsimile: +27 86 523 9284
Cell Phone: +27 79 207 0777
Send an Enquiry to Jan Harmsgat Country House
Latitude: -33.946938° S
Longitude: 20.216088° E
No pets allowed
No Smoking Allowed. Designated Smoking Areas
Check In: 14:00
Check Out: 11:00