Cottage, Self Catering Accommodation Forest Downs, Port Alfred, Eastern Cape
per person per night
* Rates are a guide, subject to change. Please confirm final pricing with establishment.
Call Us On +27 46 624 1606
Stay at Bretton Beach Crest Holiday Cottages offering self catering accommodation on the beach in Port Alfred, Eastern Cape, South Africa. Family holiday.
Bretton Beach Crest Holiday Cottages, in Forest Downs, Port Alfred in South Africa’s Eastern Cape province, consists of 9 comfortably furnished self catering beach cottages set in the natural coastal dune forest, all within 100m of the beach and private from each other. The cottages have lovely views of the sea except for the closest 2 which are on the primary dune and have coastal vegetation in front and hence ideal for families with young children.
Each cottage has either a double bed or 2 single beds in the main bedroom, a double bunk for children in the second bedroom and 2 single beds in the lounge area. The kitchen is extremely well equipped including double door fridge / freezer and microwave as well as a gas stove. Bathroom has a shower over the bath and a separate toilet. Televisions, with limited DSTV, are provided, but if you want full DSTV you will need to bring your own decoders.
Bed linen is provided but guests must bring their own toiletries, bath and kitchen towels. The setting is superb for families with young children being so close to the beach and for those who like to get away from city life. There is a kiddies tidal pool in the rocks just in front, the children love the rock pools. You can walk along the beach for miles, collect shells, go fishing, watch the sun rise and so much more.
The town of Port Alfred offers general shopping facilities, many restaurants, all sports including golf at the Royal Port Alfred Golf Club, deep sea and river fishing, canoeing, scuba diving, hiking, horse riding. There are a number of malaria free game parks nearby, if you and the family fancy a game drive.
Port Alfred is situated half way between Port Elizabeth and East London in the Eastern Cape on the R72 coastal road +- 160km each way).
- As you come into Port Alfred from Port Elizabeth take the first turn RIGHT.
- (From East London / Grahamstown continue down the hill, cross over arched bridge and continue on PE road until you get to the last road going out of town and turn LEFT) – van Riebeeck St with our sign there – opposite the Caltex Garage), BEWARE SPEED HUMPS, road continues straight then bends around.
- Golf course is now on your left.
- Turn left at 4-way stop.
- Go down steep hill and at the bottom the road turns right.
- Continue +- 500m on tar and then the road becomes gravel.
- After +- 200m you will see our big sign board with reception to the right up our drive way.
Please leave a Review
Contact Bretton Beach Crest Holiday Cottages
Telephone: +27 46 624 1606
Facsimile: +27 86 573 9379
Send an Enquiry to Bretton Beach Crest Holiday Cottages
Other: Sunshine Coast Tourism Association
Latitude: -33.615509° S
Longitude: 26.878338° E
Ideal for children
Out of season - small dogs - only with prior permission
No smoking inside of cottages
Check In: 14:00
Check Out: 10:00